Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Walking in Joburg on a chilly morning.

The past few weeks were some of the coldest I have ever experienced. Normally Gauteng, especially Pretoria, has moderate winters where you can still get away with wearing shorts, this one has been freezing! Working in Joburg, where the temperature is usually a degree or two colder than Snor City, doesn't help much either!

Every morning I walk a few blocks from Park Station to the office block where I work and I have to brace myself against the elements.

Luckily I have earmuffs in the form of loudspeakers and with the likes of the Cold War Kids playing their soulful beats to warm my eardrums the cold soon becomes an afterthought. That is until the aforementioned band's 'Cold toes on the cold floor' painfully reminds you of the wind howling between the high-rise buildings and freezing your nose and ears off!

And as I walk this icy gauntlet of concrete and glass I will skip that chilly reminder, let the dirty rock of Queens of the Stone Age numb the functioning parts of my brain and think of Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment